RomajiDesu Kanji DictionaryKanji Advanced Search is a simple and elegant and yet powerful tool of RomajiDesu's Kanji Dictionary. You can use methods for looking up Kanji characters using a single form input as description below. Alternatively, you can click on 'show options' above for easy Kanji search assistance. Of course you can combine more than one criteria to narrow the result and find your Kanji.
- Type in [Kanji] characters directly, for example: "恋"
- Search for KUN-reading by typing in [Hiragana] , for example: "こい" (koi)
- Search for ON-reading by typing in [Katakana], for example: "レン" (REN)
- Search for [English] for the Kanji's meaning, for example "love"
- Type in [Romaji] for both ON-reading and KUN-reading, for example "koi"
- You can also get lists of commonly use Jouyou Kanji (常用漢字) that is used in schools in Japan by type in [grade:number], where number can be from 1 to 6 (for grade 1 to 6 of primary schools), 8 (Kanji in high schools), 9 (common Kanji for names), or 10 (not common Kanji for names). You can search "grade:*" for all the Jouyou kanji.
- You can search for Kanji characters which needed for the original Japanese Language Proficiency Test level (Kyu4 to kyu1), specifically, "jlpt:4", "jlpt:3", "jlpt:2", "jlpt:1". Type "jlpt:*" will match all Kanji used in JLPT test.
- For Kanji that has a specific number of strokes, please search [strokes:[number_of_strokes]"], for example, "strokes:4".
- You can search Sino-Vietnamese (Hán Việt)sound by [hv:[Âm Hán Việt], e.g. "hv:luyến".
- You can find Kanji by multiple radicals/components/elements using the powerful multiple-radical Kanji search.
Kanji of the day種
species, kind, class, variety, seed
Kunyomi: たね, -ぐさ
Pinyin: zhǒng, chóng, zhòng
Hán-Việt: chủng, chúng