RomajiDesu Kanji DictionaryKanji Advanced Search is a simple and elegant and yet powerful tool of RomajiDesu's Kanji Dictionary. You can use methods for looking up Kanji characters using a single form input as description below. Alternatively, you can click on 'show options' above for easy Kanji search assistance. Of course you can combine more than one criteria to narrow the result and find your Kanji.
- Type in Kanji characters directly, for example: "恋"
- Search for KUN-reading by typing in Hiragana , for example: "こい" (koi)
- Search for ON-reading by typing in Katakana, for example: "レン" (REN)
- Search for English for the Kanji's meaning, for example "love"
- Type in Romaji for both ON-reading and KUN-reading, for example "koi"
- You can also get lists of commonly use Jouyou Kanji (常用漢字) that is used in schools in Japan by type in "grade:x",where x can be from 1 to 6 (for grade 1 to 6 of primary schools), 8 (Kanji in high schools), 9 (common Kanji for names), or 10 (not common Kanji for names). You can search "grade:*" for all the Jouyou kanji.
- You can search for Kanji characters which needed for the original Japanese Language Proficiency Test level (Kyu4 to kyu1), for example, "jlpt:4", "jlpt:3", "jlpt:2", "jlpt:1". Type "jlpt:*" will match all Kanji used in JLPT test.
- For Kanji that has a specific number of strokes, please search "strokes:[number_of_strokes]", for example, "strokes:4".
- You can find Kanji by multiple radicals/components/elements using the powerful multiple-radical Kanji search.