RomajiDesu Kanji Dictionary
Kanji Advanced Search is a simple and elegant and yet powerful tool of looking up a Kanji. You can use methods for looking up Kanji characters using a single form input:
- Type in Kanji characters directly, for example: "恋"
- Search for KUN-reading by typing in Hiragana , for example: "こい" (koi)
- Search for ON-reading by typing in Katakana, for example: "レン" (REN)
- Search for English for the Kanji's meaning, for example "love"
- Type in Romaji for both ON-reading and KUN-reading, for example "koi"
- You can search for Kanji characters which needed for the original Japanese Language Proficiency Test level (Kyu4 to kyu1), for example, "jlpt:4", or Kanji that has a specific number of strokes, for example, "strokes:4".
- You can also get lists of Jouyou Kanji (常用漢字) that is used in schools in Japan by type in "grade:x",where x can be from 1 to 6 (for grade 1 to 6 of primary schools), 8 (Kanji in high schools), 9 (common Kanji for names), or 10 (not common Kanji for names).