Meaning of 生 in Japanese
Definition of 生
- (adj-no, adj-na, n, n-pref) raw; uncooked; fresh
- natural; as it is; unedited; unprocessed
- unprotected (i.e. not wearing a condom)
- live (i.e. not recorded)
- inexperienced; unpolished; green; crude
- impudence; sauciness
- unpasteurized beer; draft beer; draught beer
- (pref) just a little; somehow; vaguely; partially; somewhat; half-; semi-
- irresponsibly; half-baked
- (n) cash
- (adj-na, n, adj-no) innocent; naive; unsophisticated; inexperienced; green; wet behind the ears
アメリカ人にはよくあることだが彼はなまの魚を好かない。 As is often the case with Americans, he does not care for raw fish.
- (n-pref) birth-
静岡産のお茶と宇治産のお茶では何が違いますか。 Is there any difference between the tea from Shizuoka and that from Uzi?