Meaning of to in Japanese
Definition of to
- (exp) to; for; concerning; as far as ... is concerned; regarding
(exp) regarding; in; to; towards; with regards to
This is his answer to my letter.
(n) door (esp. Japanese-style)
Two soldiers kept guard at the gate.
- entrance (to a home)
- (suf) person
- (n, conj) opposite; opposition
There is going to be a game between Waseda and Keio today.
to (i.e. "we won the game five to three")
We won the game by three goals to one.
- equal footing; equal terms
against ...; anti-; toward ...; to ...
The company's exports to India amounted to $100 million last year.
- (n) party; set; gang
(prt) until (a time); till; to; up to
See that dinner is ready by ten.
- to (a place); as far as
- to (an extent); up to; so far as; even
- only; merely
- (n) way
- (n) 7th in a sequence denoted by the iroha system; 7th note in the diatonic scale (used in key names, etc.)
- (exp) till; to; over (a period); through (e.g. Monday through Thursday); about (approx. time or place); on
- concerning (an area of expertise)
- to swear by (one's sword, God, etc.)
- (exp) to (an extent); up to; so far as; even
- doesn't amount to doing ...; not significant enough to require ...
- even if ...