Meaning of yumi in Japanese
Definition of yumi
Words related to yumi
- (exp) like the young man who tried to walk like the Kantan people, gave up, and forgot how to walk
- (n) crossbow (inc. large models operated by a number of people)
- netted apparatus atop a wall containing large stones, which were dropped onto attackers by cutting the net
- slingshot; catapult
- (n) bow-twirling ceremony at the end of a day of sumo wrestling
(adj-i) unslacking; unceasing
It was your tireless efforts and devotion that made the event successful.
(v5r) to walk in (to)
It is no wonder that some people feel anxiety at the thought of walking into a hospital.
- (n) small toy bow that can be shot while sitting, popular in the Edo period
- (n) prize archery
- imperial archery event held annually on the 18th day of the first lunar month (Heian period)
Sentences containing yumi
No, Yumi put it in a thermos flask and brought it into the club room.