Meaning of yo in Japanese
Definition of yo
(n) world; society; age; generation
The longer you stay, the more overtime pay you'll get.
Words related to yo
- (n) Japanese andromeda (Pieris japonica); lily-of-the-valley
(pn, adj-no) there (place physically distant from both speaker and listener); over there; that place; yonder
A form appeared from over there.
If you just crouch a little, her crotch can just be seen flicking in and out of sight.
- that far (something psychologically distant from both speaker and listener); that much; that point →Related words: あれほど
(adv) more than usual
I went to bed later than usual.
- (n) familiar form of "older brother"
form of address for young adult male; mister
Mummy, that man just fell flat on his face!
- (exp) excuse me for disturbing (interrupting) you
- greeting used on going to someone's home
(n) countryside people (in town); visitor from the country; out-of-towner; country bumpkin (visiting the big city); yokel
Calm down a little, Kissho, your bumpkin nature is standing out!
- (exp) take care of yourself; get well soon; God bless you; bless you
- (exp) thank you; many thanks; much appreciated
- that's enough for today
(adj-i) no match for
I'm no match for you.
Time hangs heavy on my hands.
unable; can't do; beyond one's power
When it comes to cooking, no one can equal Mary.
(exp) I appreciate your efforts
Hi Mr Ant, keeping up the good work today as well. Here's a sugar cube.
(pn, adj-no) that way (direction distant from the speaker, close to the listener)
Isn't this Central Driving School?
there (place distant from the speaker, close to the listener)
How are things for you up there?
that one (something close to the listener)
What is the difference between this and that?
you; your family
We will accept your conditions.
- that person (someone close to the listener)
(n) gentle breeze; soft wind; breath of air; zephyr
A gentle wind made ripples on the surface of the pond.
(n) that (indicating an item or person near the listener, the action of the listener, or something on their mind); it
Should that happen, what will you do?
that time; then
That was when I was in the first year at high school, so 17 years have passed since then.
- there (indicating a place near the listener)
(adv) incidentally; taking the opportunity; while (you) are at it; on the occasion
Can you buy one for me as well?
- (exp) (something) has become possible; (something) is now possible
(adj-i) unthinkable; unexpected; outrageous; offensive
It isn't true that Jack is no good at music; on the contrary, he plays the piano well.
(exp) absolutely not!; not at all!; far from it!; impossible!; preposterous!; what a thing to say!; no way!; bullshit
"Have you finished it?" "On the contrary, I've just begun."
- don't mention it; you're welcome
(int) you are welcome; don't mention it; not at all; my pleasure
"Thank you for your help." "It's my pleasure."
(n) commotion; stir
The cheers swelled to a roar.
(exp) according to (someone)
According to a survey, three in five people today are indifferent to foreign affairs.
- (prt) although; when; and yet; despite this; in spite of; even though; but even so; but even then; however; nevertheless; for all that; notwithstanding that
- if only; I wish
- I tell you; you should do
- in order to
- (adv) like; similar to
as with; in the same way
He made me out to be a liar.
- (exp) in order to (e.g. meet goal); so that; take care (so as)
- hoping or wishing for something
It offers a mouth-watering selection of delights.
- (n) classification for Japanese verb with the dictionary form ending in "ku"; "ka" column or row of the kana syllabary
- (n) classification for Japanese verb with the dictionary form ending in "gu"; "ga" column or row of the kana syllabary
Do you believe in Christianity?
The Romans persecuted Christians.
- (n) fashion style for young women (brown or blond-dyed hair, gaudy clothes and accessories); gyaru subculture
- (n) classification for Japanese verb with the dictionary form ending in "su"; "sa" column or row of the kana syllabary
- (n) classification for Japanese verb with the dictionary form ending in "zu"; "za" column or row of the kana syllabary
- (n) classification for Japanese verb with the dictionary form ending in "tsu"; "ta" column or row of the kana syllabary