Meaning of te in Japanese
Definition of te
(n) hand; arm
I made motions at him to come here with my hand.
- forepaw; foreleg →Related words: お手
- hand; worker; help
- trouble; care; effort
means; way; trick; move; technique; workmanship
I hit upon a good idea.
- hand; handwriting
- kind; type; sort
one's hands; one's possession
Books are now within the reach of everybody.
ability to cope
They are out of hand.
hand (of cards)
I was dealt a good hand.
- direction →Related words: 山の手
- (n, n-suf, ctr) move (in go, shogi, etc.)
Words related to te
(pn, adj-no) there (place physically distant from both speaker and listener); over there; that place; yonder
A form appeared from over there.
If you just crouch a little, her crotch can just be seen flicking in and out of sight.
- that far (something psychologically distant from both speaker and listener); that much; that point →Related words: あれほど
(n) that (indicating something distant from both speaker and listener (in space, time or psychologically), or something understood without naming it directly)
That is the main street of this city.
that person (used to refer to one's equals or inferiors)
Yeah, she must be the sure thing!
My ex-boyfriend was brought up in Portugal.
down there (i.e. one's genitals)
Down there hurts, down there. Er, what do you call them? Testicles? In any case a male's 'important parts'.
- period; menses
(int) hey (expression of surprise or suspicion); eh?
"Eh? Where's Keiko?" "Said she's got a parent and child meeting so she'll be late."
- (n) that (something mentioned before which is distant psychologically or in terms of time)
- (n) pot
- typical name for a female servant in the Edo-period
- working at night
- female with symptoms of gender identity disorder (i.e. a transvestite)
(n) goblin; apparition; monster; ghost
It's true that a ghost appeared at my house.
(n) haunted house
The haunted house? I won't be able to sleep at night.
- (n) familiar form of "older brother"
form of address for young adult male; mister
Mummy, that man just fell flat on his face!
(n) wet towel (supplied at table); hot, moistened hand towel
Do you have hot towels?
(n) bill; note (currency)
Please change this bill into coins.
- (exp) excuse me for disturbing (interrupting) you
- greeting used on going to someone's home
- (n) making arbitrary decisions which benefit oneself; self-approved plan
(n) toilet; restroom; lavatory; bathroom
Where's the restroom?
The servants tried to carry out their master's order.
(n) wanted man; person sought by the police
He is wanted by the police.
- (exp) thank you; many thanks; much appreciated
- that's enough for today
(n) O-Bon; Bon Festival; Lantern Festival; Festival of the Dead
The Bon Festival is near at hand.
- (prt) I wonder (sentence ending prt)
- should I? (question prt when thinking out loud); is it?
- I wish that (with a negative); I hope that
- (prt) from (e.g. time, place, numerical quantity); since
- from (originator)
- out of (constituent, part)
- through (e.g. window, vestibule)
- after; since (following te-form verb)
(exp) while it may be true that; just because; nevertheless; not necessarily
Two wrongs don't make a right.
- (v1) to attach; to stick together; to paste; to glue
- to place together; to put side-by-side
- to make someone get married; to get someone hitched
- (n) obsession; fixation; hangup
- determination; fastidiousness; pickiness about (trait, style, etc.)
(n-t) after this
Never be late for school again.
- (adv-to) gurgling; burbling; bubbling; sound of water mixing with air (e.g. water welling up, pouring water, drain pipe, gushing forth)
(exp) I appreciate your efforts
Hi Mr Ant, keeping up the good work today as well. Here's a sugar cube.
- (exp) That was a delicious meal (said after meals); What a wonderful meal
(v5k) to set aside
Joking aside, how are things going?
- (adj-i) insistent; obstinate; persistent; tenacious
- too rich (taste, etc.); fatty; heavy; greasy