Meaning of o in Japanese
Definition of o
- (n) tail (animal, kite, comet, etc.); tail end
- slope at the foot of a mountain
- (n) cannabis (Cannabis sativa); hemp (plant)
- hemp (fiber); linen; flax; jute
Words related to o
- (n) the harmonizing, mentally and physically, of two parties engaged in an activity
(adj-na) obvious; clear; plain; evident; apparent; explicit; overt
Frankly, I don't like him.
- (adj-i) gaudy; showy; excessive
Don't do wicked things.
- (n) Japanese andromeda (Pieris japonica); lily-of-the-valley
(pn, adj-no) there (place physically distant from both speaker and listener); over there; that place; yonder
A form appeared from over there.
If you just crouch a little, her crotch can just be seen flicking in and out of sight.
- that far (something psychologically distant from both speaker and listener); that much; that point →Related words: あれほど
(exp) just like that; in the twinkling of an eye; in the blink of an eye; in the time it takes to say "ah!"
The holiday ended all too soon.
(n) that (indicating something distant from both speaker and listener (in space, time or psychologically), or something understood without naming it directly)
That is the main street of this city.
that person (used to refer to one's equals or inferiors)
Yeah, she must be the sure thing!
My ex-boyfriend was brought up in Portugal.
down there (i.e. one's genitals)
Down there hurts, down there. Er, what do you call them? Testicles? In any case a male's 'important parts'.
- period; menses
(int) hey (expression of surprise or suspicion); eh?
"Eh? Where's Keiko?" "Said she's got a parent and child meeting so she'll be late."
- (n) that (something mentioned before which is distant psychologically or in terms of time)
(adj-i) suspicious; dubious; unreliable
Students are expected to stay away from dubious places.
- indecent; unseemly
(adj-no) many; great number of
There are many movie theaters in this city.
(exp) wrong; not good; of no use
"I've a touch of a cold." "That's too bad."
- hopeless; past hope
- must not do
(v5s) to tinker with; to fumble with; to twist up
Please stop playing with your hat.
(adv) more than usual
I went to bed later than usual.
(adv) very easily
He's mowed down a parade of challengers before.
- (n) pot
- typical name for a female servant in the Edo-period
- working at night
- female with symptoms of gender identity disorder (i.e. a transvestite)
(n) wind; gas; fart
The old lady is bound to fart.
- something worthless; something not worth considering
(n) goblin; apparition; monster; ghost
It's true that a ghost appeared at my house.
(n) haunted house
The haunted house? I won't be able to sleep at night.
(n) confections; sweets; candy
The baby almost choked on a piece of candy.
(int) welcome home
"I'm back." "Welcome home."
(n) guest; visitor; customer
I think we're out of your size.
(exp) good night
He said good night to his parents.
(n) Shinto shrine
There used to be a small shrine around here.
- (n) familiar form of "older brother"
form of address for young adult male; mister
Mummy, that man just fell flat on his face!