Meaning of nani in Japanese
Definition of nani
Words related to nani
Have I missed anything so far?
(exp) what's what
I can't make heads or tails of this assignment.
(adv) something; for some reason
Groaning strangely she is hurling her overflowing passion onto the canvas!
(adv) (not) one (usu. in neg. phrases)
He denies nothing to his children.
(adv) quite; really; very; extremely
I just don't know what to say.
- nothing; not a bit; not at all
(n) what; something; everything
You should do your best in everything.
- nothing (with neg. verb)
- something or other; unspecified matter
- (adv) uneventfully; without incident; without a hitch; peacefully
(n) who; what kind of person
So I want to explain who these people are.
Somebody had drowned her in the bathtub.
(adv) one way or another
I am inconvenienced when my wife is away.
Above all, I want to be healthy.
nothing (with neg. verb)
Were it not for water, nothing could live.
(exp) is there anything else?
Can I bring you anything else?
(adv) all; all together; unanimously
We are solidly behind you.
- (n) wisdom and magnanimity; witty intelligence and large-mindedness
- measurement; volume and weight
- (adj-na) placid; composed; serene; calm
- big hearted; broad-minded; magnanimous
- great quantity (of something)
- (n) the open sky and the serene sea; as open as the sky and serene as the sea; magnanimous
His foolish proposal was approved unanimously.
- (n) naniwabushi; var. of sung narrative popular during the Edo period
(adj-i) casual; unconcerned; nonchalant
A casual remark can hurt someone.
(adv) somehow or other; for some reason or another
Somehow or other I found his house.
- (adj-na) largeheartedness; liberality; catholicity; generousness; generosity; magnanimity
(n) cargo; freight
Your shipment should be delivered within twenty four hours.
(exp) don't know what's what
I didn't know what was what. The inside of my head had gone to panic mode and I couldn't get things straight.
(adv) somehow or other; something or other
Everybody has some faults.
(exp) anything and everything; from top to toe; from A to Z
The party was not altogether pleasant.
- (adj-na) of the old feeling of naniwa-bushi; marked by the dual themes of obligation and compassion that distinguish the naniwa-bushi ballads
- (n) the large number of bridges over canals and rivers in Naniwa (present-day Osaka)
(exp) on the least pretext; at the drop of a hat
The teacher pokes his nose into everything.
- (exp) Where there is a will, there is a way
- (exp) what would be a good way to do it?
- (n-suf) month (of the year); used after number or question word (e.g. nan or nani)
(exp) at any rate; in any case; at the very least; if nothing else
At any rate, that it had ended without serious incident was a small mercy.
(exp) no one at all; no one, who he or she may be
No citizen should be deprived of his rights.
- (exp) what more can one say?; to be utterly at a loss for words (because of disbelief or disgust)
(adv) inadvertantly; for no special reason
You were just listening to the talk, without thinking.
- truthfully; unexpectedly
- after realizing; without knowing
(n) what language
What languages do they speak in Canada?
(exp) what is it (that); the meaning of something; what something is about
What makes one person a genius and another person a fool?