Meaning of mou in Japanese
Definition of mou
- (n) memorandum of agreement; agreement; memorandum of understanding; MOU; letter of intent; heads of agreement
- (n) one-thousandth; 0.03 mm (one-thousandth of a sun); 0.01 percent (one-thousandth of a wari); 3.75 milligrams (one-thousandth of a monme)
- old monetary unit (0.0001 yen)
Words related to mou
- (adv-to) vacantly; blankly; absentmindedly
- openmouthed; with one's mouth wide-open; gaping; flabbergasted
- with a whack; with a thump
- (adv) mumbling; incomprehensible muttering; talking with food in one's mouth; talking in sleep
(n) plaintive; mournful melody; minor key
This song sounds sad.
(adv, suf) throne; crown; (nobleman's) seat
"How much is this camera worth?" "About 100 dollars."
government position; court rank
Not bad. I can earn a good enough living.
- social standing; rank; class; echelon; rung
- (n) grade (of quality, etc.); level; tier; rank
digit (e.g. the tens, the hundreds, etc.); place
What is 5814 rounded to the nearest thousand?
degree; extent; amount
Any child can answer that.
(adj-i) great; excellent; admirable; remarkable; distinguished; important; celebrated; famous; eminent
I discerned the potential of great things in him.
- awful; terrible
(n) note left by dead person; suicide note; testamentary letter; will; testament
My uncle made a will last year.
- posthumous work
- (n) swallowing in one gulp; downing; mouthful; bite
- sipping; sip
- thinking nothing of one's opponent; making easy prey of someone
(n) slight effort; least trouble; small amount of work
People notice every move he makes.
(n) mouthful; bite; sip; draft; draught
The lion ate the rabbit in one bite.
Many were eager to get in on the act.
(n) fixed amount
Passengers can take a certain amount of baggage on the airplane.
(adj-na, adv, n, adj-no) amount necessary to fill a container (e.g. a cupful, spoonful, etc.); a drink (i.e. an alcoholic beverage)
He made his girlfriend go out for a drink with him.
- one squid, octopus, crab, etc.; one boat
- (adv, adj-no, adj-na) fully; to capacity
- a lot; much
- (n-suf, n-adv) all of ...; the entire ...
- (n) taste (of a liquid, esp. alcoholic beverages)
- someone who enjoys alcohol
- rim (of a glass)
- shape of one's mouth when drinking
- tap; faucet; spigot
- (v5s) to cross over (e.g. mountain); to go across
- to go over (e.g. with audience)
to pass time (e.g. a winter)
How will they get through the cold winter in that tent?
to surpass; to be better than; to exceed
By 2030 twenty-one percent of its population will be over sixty-five.
to move house
An old lady moved to place next door.
to go; to come
Please come again.
(n) tree peony (Paeonia suffruticosa); moutan
She sewed a button on her coat.
- wild boar (meat)
- (n) rumor; rumour; gossip; speculation; irresponsible criticism; hearsay
- (n) compound ideograph (one of the six kanji classifications); kanji made up of meaningful parts (e.g. "mountain pass" is up + down + mountain)
- (n-adv) at the very beginning of one's speech; the first thing (one) says after opening the mouth
(n) armor; armour
When I travel, I don't wear armor.
(n) helmet (of armor, armour); headpiece
You must keep up your guard even after a victory.
- (v5s) to soak; to saturate; to suckle; to make one hold something in the mouth; to include; to instruct; to make one understand
(n) human emotions (joy, anger, pathos, and humor) (humour)
Don't let your feelings show.
- (n) humorous comments; humourous comments; sarcastic remarks; cartoon; caricature; satire