Meaning of kore in Japanese
Definition of kore
(pn) this (indicating an item near the speaker, the action of the speaker, or the current topic)
This is a very small book.
this person (usu. indicating someone in one's in-group)
This is my brother. Handsome, isn't he?
I'm in transit between flights now. I've spent 8 hours on a plane so far, after changing planes now it's another two hours.
- I (me)
Words related to kore
(n-t) after this
Never be late for school again.
(n) hitherto; so far
So far I have been getting along well with my friends.
(n) Korean (language)
However if you can speak Chinese, Korean, etc. you're able to share your way of thinking with many more people.
- (n) three countries
- Japan, China & India; Japan, Korea & China; all the world
- Three Kingdoms (of ancient China: Wei, Shu, Wu)
Korea allowed an inspection by the IAEA.
(n) Korean (language)
Japanese has something in common with Korean.
(n) Korean peninsula
Have you ever been to the Korean Peninsula?
- (n) Democratic People's Republic of Korea (North Korea); DPRK
- (n) region south of Tokyo on Pacific Ocean side of Japan; eastern sea
- East Sea (controversial name for the Sea of Japan proposed by Korea)
- (n) Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Vietnamese (usu. characters); CJKV
- (n) CJK (Chinese, Japanese and Korean) character unification
(n) yakiniku; Japanese dish of grilled meat similar to Korean barbecue
Let's all go to an all-you-can-eat Yakiniku restaurant.
- (n) Miyama cherry (Prunus maximowiczii); Korean cherry
- mountain cherry tree
- (n) people from overseas, especially from China and Korea, who settled in early Japan and introduced Continental culture to the Japanese
- (n) national of a third country
- foreigner (esp. Chinese and Korean) resident in Japan
(exp) this and that
We sat speaking this and that.
- (n) LDL cholesterol; low-density lipoprotein cholesterol; bad cholesterol
(exp) so many (few); so much (little)
I've never seen as many people as this photograph the same rainbow.
(adv) before now; hitherto
Today's the coldest day we've ever had.
- (n) Hunmin-jongum; the Hankul (Hangul) alphabet (of Korea); the Onmun (Enmun)
- (n) the order forced on Koreans to change their names to Japanese ones
(exp) each and every; all
That comic's jokes are all old hat and we've heard them before.
- (n) Joseon Dynasty; Yi Dynasty of Korea (1392-1910); Ly Dynasty of Vietnam (1009-1225)
- (n) Imjin War (1592-1597); Hideyoshi's invasions of Korea; battle(s) of Bunroku and Keicho
(n) influx of South Korean pop culture (into Japan)
Taking advantage of the popular boom in Korean drama, workers selling Korean goods have increased.
- (exp) Even the hunter will refrain from killing the bird that has flown to him for shelter
(exp) between Japan and North Korea
Diplomatic relations have not yet been established between Japan and North Korea.
- (n) Mangyongbong-92, a mixed passenger-cargo ferry running between Wonsan in North Korea and Niigata
- (n) stone-roasted bibimbap; Korean style rice (bibimbap) heated in a stone pot
- (n) hypercholesterolemia; hypercholesterolaemia (excess of cholesterol in the bloodstream)
- (n) people who have successfully fled from North Korea; North Korean defectors
- (n) abduction issue (esp. of those Japanese abducted by North Korea)
(n) this little; this few; in the slightest
Marriage is the last thing on my mind.
- (n) road
- Buddhist teachings
- modern administrative region of Japan (Hokkaido)
- historical administrative region of Japan (Tokaido, Tosando, etc.)
- province (Tang-era administrative region of China)
- province (modern administrative region of Korea)