Meaning of kono in Japanese
Definition of kono
He said, "It's nine o'clock."
Words related to kono
There are nine planets travelling around the sun, the earth being one of them.
- (n) the ninth day of the month
The top eight players survived the ninth day of the tournament.
(adj-i) nice; likeable; desirable
This movie may have an undesirable influence on children.
(n) special confidence (in someone)
The Prime Minister has won his services as Minister for Justice.
(n) bud of Japanese pepper tree (Xanthoxylum piperitum); leaf bud
The trees are budding early this year.
(n) nut; fruit; berry
Bob found various kinds of nuts.
(adj-no) this kind of
I've never seen this sort of bird.
(n-adv) beyond this point; from now on; after this
None of us knows what is in store for us.
(n) lately; recently
Yes, thanks. Recently I've been roughing it so I was able to get a proper sleep for the first time in a while.
(adj-na) like this; this sort; this way
I never knew about such a duty.
(exp) as (it) is
We have no choice but to carry on.
(n) in the trees
Little birds are singing merrily in the trees.
- (n) well-matched contest (lit: fight between dragon and tiger)
(n) by (from) choice; by (for) preference; of one's own accord; of one's (own) free will; on purpose; deliberately; intentionally
She likes to eat fresh raw vegetables.
(exp) this way and that; (by) various means; (by) every means
He tried to approach her by every possible means.
(exp) the most; the best; peerless; the greatest; first-rate
Jane makes the utmost effort to win.
(exp) most of all; extremely
I am supremely glad to hear it.
(adv) in this manner; in this way; like this
This is how it all came about.
- (n) economy class syndrome (occurrence of deep vein thrombosis in air travelers)
- (n) modan'yaki (okonomiyaki topped with yaki-soba and fried together)
- (exp) there are exceptions to every rule; rocks will flow and leaves will sink
- (exp) thank you for all your hard work
- (exp) an expensive fur coat will not be made with a single fox alone; to rule a country requires many great men
(exp) among these; between these; of these
Among these views, the second one is of importance.
- in here; in this
- (n-t) now (with the nuance of 'the last moment'); this late in the game
- (exp) Great men have great fondness for the sensual pleasures
(exp) as affairs stand; judging from the present situation; as things are now
At this rate, we'll have to change the schedule.
- (exp) the apple doesn't fall far from the tree; like father, like son