Meaning of kami in Japanese
Definition of kami
- (n) delicious taste
Draw a line on the paper.
- (n) upper reaches (of a river); upper stream
- top; upper part; upper half (of the body)
- long ago
- beginning; first
- person of high rank (e.g. the emperor)
- government; imperial court
- imperial capital (i.e. Kyoto); capital region (i.e. Kansai); region (or direction of) the imperial palace
- head (of a table)
- wife; mistress (of a restaurant)
(n) god; deity; divinity; spirit; kami
Man is not as almighty as God.
(n) hair (on the head)
That dress matches her red hair.
- (n) god
- (n) director (of the provincial governors under the ritsuryo system)
- (n) spirit; psyche
- god; deity; divinity; kami