Meaning of hito in Japanese
Definition of hito
- (n) man; person
- human being; mankind; people
- human (Homo sapiens); humans as a species
- character; personality
- man of talent; true man
- another person; other people; others
Words related to hito
(v5r) to take something away by deception
I'd been cheated out of my life savings!
- (n) someone (unspecified, but someone in particular); a certain person
(n) celebrated personage; big-wig; person in a high position
A great man doesn't care about his appearance.
(n) hereditary disposition; temperament; nature
A man's worth lies not so much in what he has as in what he is.
- body build
But after she does that with the first glass, what is she going to do with the second one?
- (n) swallowing in one gulp; downing; mouthful; bite
- sipping; sip
- thinking nothing of one's opponent; making easy prey of someone
(n) somebody (important); someone
He thought himself to be somebody.
- (n) one roll
- one book; one volume
- first volume
- rolling once
(n) one month
I was born on January 2 in 1968.
(n) mouthful; bite; sip; draft; draught
The lion ate the rabbit in one bite.
Many were eager to get in on the act.
(adv) conspicuously; noticeably; remarkably; still more; especially
High above the city stands the old castle.
(n) kick; rejection
The chairman rejected his absurd proposal.
(exp) alone; by oneself; voluntarily; spontaneously; automatically
I suggested that she go alone.
(n) sleeping alone
We accustomed our children to sleeping alone.
(n) becoming adult; attaining full manhood or womanhood; coming of age
She has grown up to be a woman.
- one helping; one portion
- (n) performing solo (by oneself); having the stage to oneself; being in sole command; eclipsing (outshining) the others; field of activity in which one is unrivaled (unrivalled)
(n) long ago; previous; of a former age
At one time, people would not have hesitated to light up a cigarette in stations, restaurants, or hospital waiting rooms.
(n) slice; small piece
Please give me a piece of bread.
- (n) small company headquarters located in Tokyo simply for name value
(v5g) to pitch in and help
I'm putting my ass in a sling for you.
(adv) for a while
John can really talk a blue streak about Peru.
(n) (a) bath
I felt quite refreshed after taking a bath.
- (n) role (which someone or something plays in a given situation); part; contribution (to a given situation)
(n) (a) grain
We shouldn't waste even one grain of rice.
(adv) (not) one (usu. in neg. phrases)
He denies nothing to his children.
- (n) leading a horse, cow, etc.
- groom; horse boy
- hors d'oeuvre; appetizer; side dish
(n) prohibition; ban; suspension
The news was suppressed for the time being.