Meaning of hana in Japanese
Definition of hana
(n) flower; blossom; bloom; petal
We visited Mito Park, which is famous for its plum blossoms.
- blooming (esp. of cherry blossoms); cherry blossom
- ikebana →Related words: 生け花
- Japanese playing cards →Related words: 花札
Speech is silver, silence is gold.
- (n) end (e.g. of street); tip; point; edge; margin
- beginning; start; first
- odds and ends; scrap; odd bit; least
Words related to hana
- (n) bean-curd lees; soybean pulp; refuse from tofu
- deutzia; Deutzia crenata
- (adv) for no particular reason; for some reason or other; somehow or other
- (exp) dumplings rather than flowers; people are more interested in the practical over the aesthetic
(v5k) to bloom
The buds burst open at the first sign of spring.
- (n) floral playing cards; Japanese playing cards (12 suits of 4 cards, each suit repr. a month indic. by a flower)
(n) Japanese iris; blue flag; Iris ensata
Many Japanese irises were flowering prettily on the lake's edge.
(n, adj-no) flowers in full bloom; time of year in which flowers are in full bloom
The roses in the garden are in full bloom.
- the age at which someone (esp. a woman) is at the peak of their beauty
booming or peaking (in popularity)
As a poet he flowered in his twenties.
(n) bunch of flowers; bouquet
The actress was presented a bouquet of flowers after the performance.
(n) (flower) vase
The vase broke into fragments.
- (n) news of cherry blossom blooming conditions; tidings of flowers
- (n) Garuda or Garua (man-bird deity and 'vahana' of Hindu-Buddhist myth)
(exp) some things are better left unsaid; silence is golden
My love for you won't let me tell you everything. Some things are better left unsaid.
He delivered the package to the orphanage.
(n) row of teeth; set of teeth; dentition
She has a set of irregular teeth.
- (v5s) to leave on; to leave running; to leave lying around; to leave (a faucet) open
- (suf) (strongly emphatic) too preoccupied or busy to even think of ...; .. is out of the question; this is not an occasion for
(adj-f) lonely (place); remote; in the middle of nowhere
He lives in a farmhouse remote from the world.
- (adj-i) extreme; excessive; terrible; intense; severe; serious; tremendous; heavy (damage)
(n) humming; crooning
Kyouko went away, humming a song.
(n) nasal mucus; dripping nose
This medicine will do wonders for a runny nose.
(n) tip of nose
He slammed the door right in my face.
- (n) nose medicine (e.g. nasal spray)
- bribe; hush money
- soothing sweets (for a child)
(n) two blessings at once; flanked by two beautiful women
It's nice to have a pretty girl on each arm.
- (n) red-light district; prostitution quarter; geisha quarter
- (n) projecting part (of a headland, etc.)
- outset; moment of departure; beginning of work; starting out
(n) head cold
He is suffering from a bad cold in the nose.