Meaning of ha in Japanese
Definition of ha
(n) edge (of a knife or sword)
My knife has such a fine edge.
- (prt) topic marker particle
- indicates contrast with another option (stated or unstated)
- adds emphasis
- (n) 3rd in a sequence denoted by the iroha system; 3rd note in the diatonic scale (used in key names, etc.)
- (n) large fan-shaped object held by an attendant and used to conceal the face of a noble, etc.
Words related to ha
- (n) the harmonizing, mentally and physically, of two parties engaged in an activity
(adj-na) obvious; clear; plain; evident; apparent; explicit; overt
Frankly, I don't like him.
(pn, adj-no) there (place physically distant from both speaker and listener); over there; that place; yonder
A form appeared from over there.
If you just crouch a little, her crotch can just be seen flicking in and out of sight.
- that far (something psychologically distant from both speaker and listener); that much; that point →Related words: あれほど
(exp) just like that; in the twinkling of an eye; in the blink of an eye; in the time it takes to say "ah!"
The holiday ended all too soon.
(n) that (indicating something distant from both speaker and listener (in space, time or psychologically), or something understood without naming it directly)
That is the main street of this city.
that person (used to refer to one's equals or inferiors)
Yeah, she must be the sure thing!
My ex-boyfriend was brought up in Portugal.
down there (i.e. one's genitals)
Down there hurts, down there. Er, what do you call them? Testicles? In any case a male's 'important parts'.
- period; menses
(int) hey (expression of surprise or suspicion); eh?
"Eh? Where's Keiko?" "Said she's got a parent and child meeting so she'll be late."
- (n) that (something mentioned before which is distant psychologically or in terms of time)
(adv) more than usual
I went to bed later than usual.
(n) haunted house
The haunted house? I won't be able to sleep at night.
- (n) familiar form of "older brother"
form of address for young adult male; mister
Mummy, that man just fell flat on his face!
(n) wet towel (supplied at table); hot, moistened hand towel
Do you have hot towels?
- (exp) thank you; many thanks; much appreciated
- that's enough for today
- (prt) I wonder (sentence ending prt)
- should I? (question prt when thinking out loud); is it?
- I wish that (with a negative); I hope that
(exp) may; might; perhaps; may be; possibly
You could be right, I suppose.
(exp) while it may be true that; just because; nevertheless; not necessarily
Two wrongs don't make a right.
- (n) obsession; fixation; hangup
- determination; fastidiousness; pickiness about (trait, style, etc.)
- (exp) That was a delicious meal (said after meals); What a wonderful meal
(adj-i) nonchalant; unconcerned; in a casual manner
She took a casual glance at her watch.
- (adv, adv-to, vs) feeling refreshed; feeling fine; feeling clear-headed →Related words: さっぱり
- shapely; neatly; refinedly
- cleanly; without trouble
- clearly; plainly; distinctly →Related words: はっきり
- completely; thoroughly →Related words: すっかり
- not at all (with negative sentence); not even slightly →Related words: さっぱり
- (int) that is so; that is right; it looks to me; I am of the impression
- people say that (after plain verb, adj); it is said that; I hear that
(n) everywhere; somewhere; approximately; that area; around there
Is she anywhere about?
(pn, adj-no) that way (direction distant from the speaker, close to the listener)
Isn't this Central Driving School?
there (place distant from the speaker, close to the listener)
How are things for you up there?
that one (something close to the listener)
What is the difference between this and that?
you; your family
We will accept your conditions.
- that person (someone close to the listener)
(adj-pn) that (something or someone distant from the speaker, close to the listener; actions of the listener, or ideas expressed or understood by the listener); the
Every day I waited for her at the bookstore after school.
- (int) um...; er...; uh...
(exp) hence; for that reason
For that reason, temporary workers are working under inferior conditions.
(n) each time it happens; at all such times
Please keep me informed.
(n) that (indicating an item or person near the listener, the action of the listener, or something on their mind); it
Should that happen, what will you do?
that time; then
That was when I was in the first year at high school, so 17 years have passed since then.
- there (indicating a place near the listener)
(exp) and then; after that
There followed a long silence.
(n-t) that much; as much; to that extent; only that; that alone; no more than that; that is all (when finished speaking)
The higher up, the greater fall.
(conj) and; thereupon; because of that
That leaves no room for doubt.
(adv) to that degree; extent
No, the traffic wasn't too bad.
(adv) each time; every time; whenever (something happens); on the occasion of
Every time I go there, I meet her.
(conj) while it may be true that; just because; nevertheless; not necessarily
Not that I have any objection.
- (n-suf) implying (negatively) that something is full of (e.g. mistakes)
- covered all over (e.g. with blood)