Meaning of go in Japanese
Definition of go
(num) five (used in legal documents)
She worked side by side with men.
(n) go (board game of capturing territory)
Playing go is my favorite pastime.
Words related to go
(exp) wrong; not good; of no use
"I've a touch of a cold." "That's too bad."
- hopeless; past hope
- must not do
(n) goblin; apparition; monster; ghost
It's true that a ghost appeared at my house.
(exp) good night
He said good night to his parents.
- (exp) excuse me for disturbing (interrupting) you
- greeting used on going to someone's home
- (exp) take care of yourself; get well soon; God bless you; bless you
(v1) to affect a stylish air; to try to look good; to show off
He's a big show-off when girls are around.
(n) strained back; slipped disk; lumbosacral strain
I have a strained back.
(adv) altogether; entirely
Tom has always made good in every work he has had.
- (adv-to) gurgling; burbling; bubbling; sound of water mixing with air (e.g. water welling up, pouring water, drain pipe, gushing forth)
(exp) I appreciate your efforts
Hi Mr Ant, keeping up the good work today as well. Here's a sugar cube.
(exp) don't worry; never mind
Don't have any worries on my account.
- (exp) That was a delicious meal (said after meals); What a wonderful meal
- (adv) continuously in some state (for a long time, distance); throughout; all along; the whole time; all the way
- much (better, etc.); by far; far and away
- far away; long ago
- direct; straight
- (n) bitterling (any fish of subfamily Acheilognathinae, esp. species Acheilognathus melanogaster)
- (int) thanks →Related words: どうも有難う
- (adv) much (thanks); very (sorry); quite (regret)
- quite; really
- in spite of oneself; no matter how hard one may try (one is unable to) (with negative verb); no matter how hard one may try not to (one ends up doing) (with positive verb, esp. -shimau) →Related words: どうしても
- (int) greetings; hello; goodbye
(exp) no more than; just; only; mere; goes no further than
She was merely stating a fact.
- (adj-i) irritating; irritated; frustrating; vexing; (feeling things are) not quick enough; (feeling) too slow-going; (feeling) impatient; tantalizing; tantalising
- (v5r, vt) to send; to dispatch; to despatch
- to put; to move; to turn (one's head, glance, etc.)
to give (esp. to someone of equal or lower status); to let have; to present; to bestow; to confer
Don't kill off bystanders!
to make (a vehicle) go faster
to do; to undertake; to perform; to play (a game); to study
I can give you an autograph if you want.
- to run (a business); to keep; to be engaged in; to practice (law, medicine, etc.); to practise
- to have (food, drink, etc.); to eat; to drink; to smoke
to hold (a performance); to perform; to show
I had only one aim in throwing everything away to run this restaurant.
- to ease (one's mind)
- to harm; to injure; to kill →Related words: 殺る
- to have sex with →Related words: 犯る
- (v5r, vi) to live; to get by; to get along →Related words: やって行く , やって来る
- (suf, v5r) to do ... completely
- to do ... broadly; to do ... to a great distance
- (aux-v, v5r) to do ... for (someone of equal or lower status); to do ... to (sometimes with negative nuance)
- to make active efforts to ...
- (exp) in order to (e.g. meet goal); so that; take care (so as)
- hoping or wishing for something
- (n) Indianapolis 500-mile race (each year on May 30th)
- (n) cleek (golf - type of fairway wood)
- creek; waterway, including irrigation or drainage canal