Meaning of ga in Japanese
Definition of ga
Words related to ga
- (n) the harmonizing, mentally and physically, of two parties engaged in an activity
- (adj-i) gaudy; showy; excessive
Don't do wicked things.
(adj-i) suspicious; dubious; unreliable
Students are expected to stay away from dubious places.
- indecent; unseemly
(adj-na) gallant; dashing; smart
Now that you mention it, I remember he was a dashing man. I wonder how he's doing?
(n) wind; gas; fart
The old lady is bound to fart.
- something worthless; something not worth considering
- (prt) I wonder (sentence ending prt)
- should I? (question prt when thinking out loud); is it?
- I wish that (with a negative); I hope that
- (n) Cape jasmine (Gardenia jasminoides); Cape jessamine; gardenia
- (adv, adv-to, vs) feeling refreshed; feeling fine; feeling clear-headed →Related words: さっぱり
- shapely; neatly; refinedly
- cleanly; without trouble
- clearly; plainly; distinctly →Related words: はっきり
- completely; thoroughly →Related words: すっかり
- not at all (with negative sentence); not even slightly →Related words: さっぱり
(adv) it's only ... (something); at most
He is not any better than a politician.
- (n) bitterling (any fish of subfamily Acheilognathinae, esp. species Acheilognathus melanogaster)
- (n-suf) implying (negatively) that something is full of (e.g. mistakes)
- covered all over (e.g. with blood)
(n-suf) keep ...-ing (negative nuance, with the state being improper, unpleasant, etc.); have been ...-ing; leaving (something) on; leaving (something) still in use
Don't leave the water running.
- (adv) just (now)
- quite (near)
- unintentionally; unconsciously; by mistake; against one's better judgement (judgment)
(conj) even so; however; still; whereupon; even though; nevertheless; on the contrary; as a matter of fact; despite
As it is, I can do nothing.
(adj-i) extravagant; absurd; unbelievable; preposterous; unreasonable
The earthquake created a tremendous sea wave.
(adv) very; awfully; exceedingly
"This looks pretty interesting," Hiroshi says.
(before a negative form) (not) at all; by no means; simply (cannot)
Going out in this rain is out of the question.
- (int) thanks →Related words: どうも有難う
- (adv) much (thanks); very (sorry); quite (regret)
- quite; really
- in spite of oneself; no matter how hard one may try (one is unable to) (with negative verb); no matter how hard one may try not to (one ends up doing) (with positive verb, esp. -shimau) →Related words: どうしても
- (int) greetings; hello; goodbye
- (exp) concerning; regarding
- per (e.g. 100 yen per person); for every
(v5s, vt) to smoke (a cigarette)
The man got up and smoked.
- to behave as ... →Related words: 先輩風を吹かす
to accelerate; to rev up
When he tried to back into the garage, he mistakenly gunned the engine and backed into the wall.
- (adv-to) vacantly; blankly; absentmindedly
- openmouthed; with one's mouth wide-open; gaping; flabbergasted
- with a whack; with a thump
- (v5k) to struggle; to wriggle; to squirm; to writhe
- to be impatient
(adv) before long; soon
By and by he forgot that affair.
- almost; nearly
- finally; in the end; eventually
- (v5r, vt) to send; to dispatch; to despatch
- to put; to move; to turn (one's head, glance, etc.)
to give (esp. to someone of equal or lower status); to let have; to present; to bestow; to confer
Don't kill off bystanders!
to make (a vehicle) go faster
to do; to undertake; to perform; to play (a game); to study
I can give you an autograph if you want.
- to run (a business); to keep; to be engaged in; to practice (law, medicine, etc.); to practise
- to have (food, drink, etc.); to eat; to drink; to smoke
to hold (a performance); to perform; to show
I had only one aim in throwing everything away to run this restaurant.
- to ease (one's mind)
- to harm; to injure; to kill →Related words: 殺る
- to have sex with →Related words: 犯る
- (v5r, vi) to live; to get by; to get along →Related words: やって行く , やって来る
- (suf, v5r) to do ... completely
- to do ... broadly; to do ... to a great distance
- (aux-v, v5r) to do ... for (someone of equal or lower status); to do ... to (sometimes with negative nuance)
- to make active efforts to ...