Meaning of desu in Japanese
Definition of desu
Words related to desu
- (int) that is so; that is right; it looks to me; I am of the impression
- people say that (after plain verb, adj); it is said that; I hear that
- (n) dispel (esp. magic or potion used to return one's character to normal status in an RPG, etc.)
- (exp) the expectation is that ...; the reason is that ...; the fact is that ...; it is that ...
(exp) "It's not much, but..." (phrase often used when giving gifts)
Please accept this little gift.
- (n) literary form imparting the nuance of polite speech (with sentences ending in "desu" and verbs ending in "masu")
- (n) Prognathodes (genus of tropical fish in the family Chaetodontidae)
- (n) Desjardin's sailfin tang (Zebrasoma desjardinii, species of Indian Ocean tang); Indian sail-fin surgeonfish; Red Sea sailfin tang