Meaning of demo in Japanese
Definition of demo
Words related to demo
(adj-i) unthinkable; unexpected; outrageous; offensive
It isn't true that Jack is no good at music; on the contrary, he plays the piano well.
(exp) absolutely not!; not at all!; far from it!; impossible!; preposterous!; what a thing to say!; no way!; bullshit
"Have you finished it?" "On the contrary, I've just begun."
- don't mention it; you're welcome
- (n) Zaire (now Democratic Republic of the Congo)
- zaire (currency of the Democratic Republic of the Congo)
- (n) German Democratic Republic (i.e. former East Germany)
(n) evil spirit; demon; devil
As he stood there he might have been a fiend.
(n) devil; demon; fiend; Satan; evil spirit
Devils are hiding among the rocks.
(n) Jack of all trades
I wore several hats at my last office so I'd like to specialize this time.
- general merchant
(adv) forever; for good; eternally; as long as one likes; indefinitely; no matter what
I still bear his name in mind.
(adv) anywhere; through thick and thin; to the utmost; persistently; stubbornly; in all respects; thoroughly
He looks every inch a gentleman.
- (n) supernatural things; unnatural phenomena; spirits and demons
(n) ogre; demon
Next year is the devil's joke.
- spirit of a deceased person →Related words: 亡魂
- ogre-like person (i.e. fierce, relentless, merciless, etc.)
- it (i.e. in a game of tag)
- (astron) Chinese "ghost" constellation (one of the 28 mansions) →Related words: 二十八宿 , 朱雀
- (pref) very; extremely; super- →Related words: 超
(exp) it goes without saying; there is no need to say so, but of course; it is needless to say; it need scarcely be said
It goes without saying that Rome was not built in a day.
(n) even now; still; as yet
I still bear her name in mind.
- (n) rash; boil; eruption (skin)
- secondhand article; bargain; good buy
- (n) (of a woman) divorcing and moving back in with her parents
- (of an employee) leaving a position only to return to it later
- (of a ship) leaving from and returning to the same port
- (n) Shoki the Plague-Queller; Zhong Kui (traditional Chinese deity said to prevent plagues and ward off evil beings); vanquisher of ghosts and evil beings, and reputedly able to command 80,000 demons
- Shoki (WWII fighter aircraft)
(conj) but (still); and yet; nevertheless; even so; notwithstanding
It's raining hard and yet I must go.
- (n) Democratic People's Republic of Korea (North Korea); DPRK
- (n) random attacker, e.g. person who randomly attacks people on the street; slasher
- demon who brings misfortune to houses or people he passes by
- (n) (Buddh) prajna; wisdom required to attain enlightenment
- noh mask of a grinning, horned demoness (represents a woman's rage and jealousy) →Related words: 般若面
- family crest designed after the Hannya noh mask
- dreadful face (esp. of a woman driven mad by jealousy); terrifying facial expression →Related words: 般若面
(adv) willy-nilly; whether willing or not
You must go, like it or lump it.
- (adj-i) not as dissatisfied (or annoyed) as (s)he would have us believe
The Americans are a democratic people.
(n) Democratic party
He is heart and soul a Democrat.
- (n) yaksha (Buddhist guardian deities sometimes depicted as demonic warriors)
(n) ghost; apparition; phantom; spectre; specter; demon; monster; goblin
A spectre is haunting Europe ― the spectre of communism.
- (n) many monsters, spirits, etc. forming a line and walking through the night
- veritable pandemonium; large number of people plotting and doing evil; creepy characters roaming about presenting a most scandalous sight
(n) gift; souvenir
We were given a pot as a gift of my cousin's wedding party.
(n) pimple; acne; boil
During the hot season, my son's skin breaks out easily.
- (n) decorative ridge-end tile (traditionally bearing the face of a demon and resembling a gargoyle)
- hideous face
(n) demolition; pulling down; destruction; dismantling
If the demolition of buildings is uncontrolled, a fine city is in danger of becoming nothing more than a concrete jungle.
- (n) disastrous flooding
- kelpie; water demon that brings floods or disasters
(adv) to the last; persistency; thoroughness
The sky is as blue as blue can be.
(n) a demonstration
In the 1960's, Japanese college students demonstrated against their government.
(adv) as many (much) as one likes
We have still a lot of food left.
- (n) Liberal Democratic Party, Komeito and Democratic Socialist Party