Meaning of bu in Japanese
Definition of bu
- (n) (something) despised; (something) made light of
- (n) one-tenth; one percent (one-tenth of a wari); 3 mm (one-tenth of a sun); 2.4 mm (one-tenth of a mon, a traditional unit used to measure shoe sizes); 0.375 grams (one-tenth of a monme); 0.1 degree (one-tenth of a do, used to measure body temperature on any temperature scale)
- one-quarter of a ryou (obsolete unit of currency)
- advantageous circumstances
- (n) the art of war; martial arts; military arts
- military force; the sword
- valor; bravery
- military officer; military man
- (n) unit of land measurement; 3.95 square yards; 3.31 square metres (meters)
(pref) un-; non-
Nothing comes from nothing.
- bad ...; poor ...