Meaning of baka in Japanese
Definition of baka
Words related to baka
(prt) approximately; about
I have about 5,000 yen.
only; merely; nothing but
That sister of yours is always complaining of her husband.
- (after the -ta form of a verb) just (finished, etc.)
Some lawn equipment is loaded into the jerry-built cart.
(n) (over) fond parents; doting parents
We parents sometimes become blind in loving our children too much.
(adj-f) absurd; foolish
It is a silly practice for non-Christians to send chocolates on St. Valentine's Day.
(n) moron; idiot; stupid person
Do you take me for a fool?
(adj-i) absurd; ridiculous; silly; ludicrous; nonsensical; asinine; foolish
It is neither more nor less than absurd.
She got rattled by the stupid question.
(exp) not only ... but (also); as well as ...
She was not merely beautiful, but also talented.
(adv) as if to say; as much as to say; as though
She winked at me, as much as to say, I love you.
- (n) Mactra chinensis (species of trough shell)
(n) temporary; ad hoc
He says things on the spur of the moment.
- (adv) with all due respect ...; I venture to say ...; Excuse me, but ...
(n) lawn mowing
In about the fifth year I decided cutting the grass was something I didn't want to do any more of.
(n) tomfoolery; monkey business
Stop making a fool of yourself. Everyone is laughing at you.
- (exp) phenomenon that perfect reasoning fail if an idiot cannot understand
- (n) good actor who is inept in all other matters; demon for acting who is utterly indifferent to all other concerns; skilled actor who knows little of life; person who excels in one occupation (profession) but lacks simple common sense
- (n) skilled engineer (mechanic) who is clumsy in all other matters; person who gets a great kick out of tinkering with anything mechanical
(exp) to be quick to take a hint; to be very responsive; to be quick on the uptake
He and I have a near-telepathic understanding of each other. No sooner does one of us say something than the other is already responding.
(n-t) that much; as much; to that extent; only that; that alone; no more than that
With only that much pension I'm concerned about life in retirement.
- (exp) the shoemaker's children go barefoot; the dyer wears white; specialists often fail to apply their skills to themselves
- (n) automatic camera (lit: "camera even idiots and simpletons can use")
- (exp) do not delay to make amends for one's wrongs
- (n) clearance hole (hole for a bolt, screw, etc., which is large enough to allow the thread, etc. to pass through)
- (n) Tricholoma bakamatsutake (mushroom); false matsutake
- (exp) you better watch your step!; sleep with one eye open!
You boob! I should not have asked you.
(adj-no) overflowing; effusive; exuberant; bountiful
Those boys are in the first flush of youth.
(n) all talk (and no action)
You're all talk and no action!
- (exp) speak of the devil and he shall appear; speak rumours of someone and they shall appear
- (exp) The clothes do not make the man; The cowl does not make the monk
- (n) orchestra present at Japanese festival; festival music (may be sung from a festival float)
- (n) hakama without gussets (worn by female students and later male students in the Meiji period); hakama without gores
- (n) hakama for women (esp. hakama worn by female students and teachers in the Meiji period)