Meaning of ai in Japanese
Definition of ai
Words related to ai
(adj-na) obvious; clear; plain; evident; apparent; explicit; overt
Frankly, I don't like him.
(exp) wrong; not good; of no use
"I've a touch of a cold." "That's too bad."
- hopeless; past hope
- must not do
(int) welcome home
"I'm back." "Welcome home."
(exp) good night
He said good night to his parents.
(exp) please don't fuss over me
Please don't go out of your way on my account.
(n) toilet; restroom; lavatory; bathroom
Where's the restroom?
The servants tried to carry out their master's order.
- (exp) take care of yourself; get well soon; God bless you; bless you
All right, sir. The salad bar is over there.
(v1) to affect a stylish air; to try to look good; to show off
He's a big show-off when girls are around.
(adj-i) no match for
I'm no match for you.
Time hangs heavy on my hands.
unable; can't do; beyond one's power
When it comes to cooking, no one can equal Mary.
(exp) may; might; perhaps; may be; possibly
You could be right, I suppose.
(n) strained back; slipped disk; lumbosacral strain
I have a strained back.
- (n) obsession; fixation; hangup
- determination; fastidiousness; pickiness about (trait, style, etc.)
- (adv-to) gurgling; burbling; bubbling; sound of water mixing with air (e.g. water welling up, pouring water, drain pipe, gushing forth)
(exp) don't worry; never mind
Don't have any worries on my account.
- (exp) That was a delicious meal (said after meals); What a wonderful meal
(adv) quickly (esp. actions)
A glorious sight burst on our view.
- suddenly (esp. wind, rain, etc.)
(adj-i) nonchalant; unconcerned; in a casual manner
She took a casual glance at her watch.
(adj-i) vexing; irritating; impatient
I am losing my patience with you.
- (adv, adv-to, vs) feeling refreshed; feeling fine; feeling clear-headed →Related words: さっぱり
- shapely; neatly; refinedly
- cleanly; without trouble
- clearly; plainly; distinctly →Related words: はっきり
- completely; thoroughly →Related words: すっかり
- not at all (with negative sentence); not even slightly →Related words: さっぱり
- (adv) continuously in some state (for a long time, distance); throughout; all along; the whole time; all the way
- much (better, etc.); by far; far and away
- far away; long ago
- direct; straight
- (int) that is so; that is right; it looks to me; I am of the impression
- people say that (after plain verb, adj); it is said that; I hear that
(n) gentle breeze; soft wind; breath of air; zephyr
A gentle wind made ripples on the surface of the pond.
- (adv-to) drop-by-drop; dribbling; in a trickle
- incessantly (esp. speaking, e.g. complaints, compliments); in great profusion
(adj-i) slovenly; loose; sluttish; slatternly; untidy; undisciplined; careless
He has led a loose life since then.
- (adv) just (now)
- quite (near)
- unintentionally; unconsciously; by mistake; against one's better judgement (judgment)
(adj-i) dull; uninteresting; boring; tedious
That new movie was a bummer.
insignificant; unimportant; trifling; trivial; worthless
He often uses the slightest thing as a pretext for a fight with anybody.
- absurd; foolish; silly
- useless; pointless; disappointing
(adj-i) extravagant; absurd; unbelievable; preposterous; unreasonable
The earthquake created a tremendous sea wave.
(adj-i) unthinkable; unexpected; outrageous; offensive
It isn't true that Jack is no good at music; on the contrary, he plays the piano well.
(exp) absolutely not!; not at all!; far from it!; impossible!; preposterous!; what a thing to say!; no way!; bullshit
"Have you finished it?" "On the contrary, I've just begun."
- don't mention it; you're welcome
(exp) no more than; just; only; mere; goes no further than
She was merely stating a fact.
- (n) breast fucking; ejaculation between or on breasts; titty fuck