Meaning of 生 in Japanese
Definition of 生
- (adj-no, adj-na, n, n-pref) raw; uncooked; fresh
- natural; as it is; unedited; unprocessed
- unprotected (i.e. not wearing a condom)
- live (i.e. not recorded)
- inexperienced; unpolished; green; crude
- impudence; sauciness
- unpasteurized beer; draft beer; draught beer
- (pref) just a little; somehow; vaguely; partially; somewhat; half-; semi-
- irresponsibly; half-baked
- (n) cash
(adj-na, n, adj-no) innocent; naive; unsophisticated; inexperienced; green; wet behind the ears
アメリカ人にはよくあることだが彼はなまの魚を好かない。 As is often the case with Americans, he does not care for raw fish.
静岡産のお茶と宇治産のお茶では何が違いますか。 Is there any difference between the tea from Shizuoka and that from Uzi?