Meaning of 被 in Japanese
Definition of 被
Words related to 被
(v5r, vt) to put on (one's head); to wear; to have on; to pull over (one's head); to crown (oneself)
I asked her who the man wearing the white hat was.
to be covered with (dust, snow, etc.); to pour (water, etc.) on oneself; to dash on oneself; to ship water
The machine was coated with dust.
to bear (e.g. someone's debts, faults, etc.); to take (blame); to assume (responsibility); to shoulder (burden)
Refugees will suffer lack of food, water, medicine and all that.
- to overlap (e.g. sound or color)
- to be similar; to be redundant
- (v5r, vi) to be fogged (due to overexposure, etc.)
- to close; to come to an end
- to get a full house; to sell out
- to blunder; to bungle; to fail →Related words: 毛氈を被る
- to be deceived
Sentences containing 被
"Well, there's something I'd like your advice on about my research project ..." "Let's see... Hmm, you're investigating flowering plants then."
The main reason is that the subjects were totally unaware of the possibility of shortcuts.