Meaning of 立てる in Japanese
Definition of 立てる
- (v1, vt) to stand up; to put up; to set up; to erect; to raise
to thrust into; to bury into; to dig into
He is liable to shout when angry.
to make (a noise); to start (a rumour); to raise (a cloud of dust, etc.); to cause
The cat dug its claws into my hand.
- to make; to establish; to set up; to develop; to formulate
- to put up (a political candidate); to make (one's leader)
- to treat with respect; to give (someone) their due; to make (someone) look good; to avoid embarrassing (someone)
- to sharpen; to make clear
- to shut; to close
- to make tea (macha); to perform the tea ceremony
- to divide by
- (suf, v1) to do ... vigorously