Meaning of 為る in Japanese
Definition of 為る
- (vs-i) to do
- to cause to become; to make (into); to turn (into)
- to serve as; to act as; to work as
- to wear (clothes, a facial expression, etc.)
- to judge as being; to view as being; to think of as; to treat as; to use as
- to decide on; to choose
- (vs-i, vi) to be sensed (of a smell, noise, etc.)
- to be (in a state, condition, etc.)
- to be worth; to cost
- to pass (of time); to elapse
- (suf, vs-i) verbalizing suffix (applies to nouns noted in this dictionary with the part of speech "vs")
- (aux-v, vs-i) creates a humble verb (after a noun prefixed with "o" or "go")
- to be just about to; to be just starting to; to try to; to attempt to
(v5r, vi) to become; to get; to grow; to be; to reach; to attain
When you go, I'll miss you very much.
to result in; to prove to be
The news turned out true in a week.
to consist of; to be composed of
Nine players make up a team.
to succeed; to be complete
Don't make such a sour face.
- to change into; to be exchanged for
to play a role
All right. I'll take it.
to be promoted (shogi)
This soup smells horrible. Do you think it's gone off?
- (v5r) to do ...