Meaning of 決め in Japanese
Definition of 決め
Words related to 決め
(v1, vt) to decide; to choose; to determine; to make up one's mind; to resolve; to set one's heart on; to settle; to arrange; to set; to appoint; to fix
I made up my mind to go there.
- to clinch (a victory); to decide (the outcome of a match)
- to persist in doing; to go through with
- to always do; to have made a habit of
- to take for granted; to assume
- to dress up; to dress to kill; to dress to the nines
- to carry out successfully (a move in sports, a pose in dance, etc.); to succeed in doing
- (MA, sumo) to immobilize with a double-arm lock (in sumo, judo, etc.)
Sentences containing 決め
One hot summer afternoon she decided to take her boyfriend to a farm outside the town.
The talented young chess player is very bold. He deliberately lays himself open to attack, makes himself vulnerable and then checkmates his opponent when least expected.