Meaning of 揚 in Japanese
Words related to 揚
(v5r, vi) to rise; to go up; to come up; to ascend; to be raised
There's a good view of Mt. Akagi from upstairs.
- to enter (esp. from outdoors); to come in; to go in
- to enter (a school); to advance to the next grade
- to get out (of water); to come ashore
Taxi fares will go up next month.
- to improve; to make progress
- to be promoted; to advance
- to be made (of profit, etc.)
- to occur (esp. of a favourable result)
- to be adequate (to cover expenses, etc.)
to be finished; to be done; to be over
"Kaname, when can you leave?" "It's till closing so it takes till eight."
- (of rain) to stop; to lift
to stop (working properly); to cut out; to give out; to die
The next day the battery was flat again.
- to win (in a card game, etc.)
- to be arrested
to turn up (of evidence, etc.)
I never make a speech without being nervous.
to be deep fried
Keiichi, the tempura's done, so bring a plate.
to be spoken loudly
While welcoming the firming up of the present government policy to abandon the proposal of the reform bill to the Diet, at the same time some are worried that Prime Minister Koizumi won't clearly state the bill's withdrawal.
- to get stage fright
- to be offered (to the gods, etc.)
to go; to visit
I will call for it tomorrow.
- to eat; to drink
- to be listed (as a candidate)
- to serve (in one's master's home)
- (in Kyoto) to go north
- (suf, v5r) (after the -masu stem of a verb) indicates completion →Related words: 出来上がる
(v1, vt) to raise; to elevate
If you have a question, please raise your right hand.
to do up (one's hair)
I also prefer it with the hair worn up.
to fly (a kite, etc.); to launch (fireworks, etc.); to surface (a submarine, etc.)
The fireworks were set off on all sides.
- to land (a boat)
- to deep-fry
- to show someone (into a room)
- (uk) to summon (for geishas, etc.)
- to send someone (away)
- to enrol (one's child in school); to enroll
to increase (price, quality, status, etc.)
The store raised all the prices.
to make (a loud sound); to raise (one's voice)
He cried out and ran away.
to earn (something desirable)
He got wonderful results.
- to praise
to give (an example, etc.); to cite
Reporter: Can you give me an example?
to summon up (all of one's energy, etc.)
Fight with all your might.
- to arrest
I put Paul's name forward as a possible candidate.
- to give
- to offer up (incense, a prayer, etc.) to the gods (or Buddha, etc.)
- to bear (a child)
to conduct (a ceremony, esp. a wedding)
I held a wedding ceremony last month.
- (v1, vi) (of the tide) to come in
- (v1, vi, vt) to vomit
- (aux-v, v1) to do for (the sake of someone else)
- (suf, v1) to complete ... →Related words: 作り上げる
- to humbly do ... →Related words: 申し上げる