Meaning of 御 in Japanese
Definition of 御
I am a lover of the beautiful.
Words related to 御
- (n) pot
- typical name for a female servant in the Edo-period
- working at night
- female with symptoms of gender identity disorder (i.e. a transvestite)
(n) goblin; apparition; monster; ghost
It's true that a ghost appeared at my house.
(n) haunted house
The haunted house? I won't be able to sleep at night.
(n) confections; sweets; candy
The baby almost choked on a piece of candy.
(int) welcome home
"I'm back." "Welcome home."
(n) guest; visitor; customer
I think we're out of your size.
(exp) good night
He said good night to his parents.
- (n) familiar form of "older brother"
form of address for young adult male; mister
Mummy, that man just fell flat on his face!
(exp) please don't fuss over me
Please don't go out of your way on my account.
(n) wet towel (supplied at table); hot, moistened hand towel
Do you have hot towels?
- (exp) excuse me for disturbing (interrupting) you
- greeting used on going to someone's home
- (n) making arbitrary decisions which benefit oneself; self-approved plan
(n) toilet; restroom; lavatory; bathroom
Where's the restroom?
(n) bottom; buttocks
It's as smooth as a baby's bottom.
(n) one's mother
Don't talk about it in my mother's presence.
- (exp) thank you; many thanks; much appreciated
- that's enough for today
No, thank you. I've had enough.
Please give my kindest regards to your mother.
(n) O-Bon; Bon Festival; Lantern Festival; Festival of the Dead
The Bon Festival is near at hand.
(exp) I appreciate your efforts
Hi Mr Ant, keeping up the good work today as well. Here's a sugar cube.
(exp) don't worry; never mind
Don't have any worries on my account.
- (exp) That was a delicious meal (said after meals); What a wonderful meal
(exp) (I'm fine) thank you; under the gods' shadow
Thank you very much for your help.
- (n) kerchief worn by women in former times in Japan in cold weather, covering the whole head (except eyes)
(n) your company
Please let us know your company's thoughts on this matter first.
(n) old imperial palace
I took him to the Kyoto Imperial Palace.
- (n) Emperor
- authorities; government
- term used to refer to a woman running a restaurant, inn, etc.; landlady
- your wife; his wife; madam
(n) food served during the New Year's Holidays
Jean ate the osechi cooking his wife cooked for herself.
- (n) tedious talk; impertinent talk; repetitious talk; saucy speech; pretentious statement
- (int) word used after one has been treated (esp. used after a meal)
- used after hearing something lovey-dovey
(n) cooked rice
Which do you prefer, rice or bread?
My friends treated me to a meal.