Definition of 巻上
(n, adj-no, n-adv, n-suf) above; up; over; elder (e.g. daughter)
It's in the overhead compartment.
You may be able to read the handwriting on the wall, but it is Greek to me.
Are there any pens on the desk?
- before; previous
- superiority; one's superior (i.e. one's elder)
on top of that; besides; what's more
It was cold, and, in addition, it was windy.
- upon (further inspection, etc.); based on (and occurring after)
- matters concerning...; as concerns ...
- since (i.e. "for that reason")
- (n-suf) suffix indicating higher social standing
- place of one's superior (i.e. the throne)
- emperor; sovereign; shogun; daimyo
- noblewoman (esp. the wife of a nobleman)
- (n) upper reaches (of a river); upper stream
- top; upper part; upper half (of the body)
- long ago
- beginning; first
- person of high rank (e.g. the emperor)
- government; imperial court
- imperial capital (i.e. Kyoto); capital region (i.e. Kansai); region (or direction of) the imperial palace
- head (of a table)
- wife; mistress (of a restaurant)
- (n-suf) from the standpoint of; as a matter of (e.g. fact); in the field of; being of the type of
- aboard (a ship or vehicle); on top of; on; above
- (n) first volume (e.g. book)
- (n, pref) superior quality; best; top; high class
- going up
- governmental; imperial
- presenting; showing
- (pref) ana- (medical, biol.)