Meaning of 君 in Japanese
Definition of 君
Words related to 君
(n) man of virtue; person of high rank; wise man
Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.
- (n) the wise readily adapt themselves to changed circumstances; the wise are quick to acknowledge their mistakes and correct them
- (in colloquial usage, ironically or as an excuse) the wise make no scruple in suddenly changing their demeanor
(n) Gentlemen!; Ladies!
I don't know every one of you.
(n) daughter of a person of high rank (i.e. a king, noble, aristocrat, etc.)
The princess begged forgiveness from the emperor.
(n) tyrant; despot
Thus, the tyrant succeeded in conquering the kingdom.
(n) absolute monarch; despot; autocrat; tyrant
The tyrant kept the people down.
(n) one's wife (when speaking with a close friend)
He had his wife die two years ago.
- your wife (when speaking with a junior)
- (n) person of lofty virtue; man of noble character; perfect person; saint
- (n) clivia (esp. drooping clivia, Clivia nobilis); Kaffir lily (Clivia miniata)
- (n) man who drives a woman around for free; man used by a woman for his car
- (n) someone who asks others for answers without first researching by himself
- (n) someone who curries favor with their master while secretly plotting against him
- (exp) Here's looking at you, kid; Here's cheers to your eyes