Meaning of み in Japanese
It seems that
み is an inflection
Definition of み
(n) sea; beach
I ache for a sight of the sea.
- (n) fruit; nut
- (in broth) pieces of meat, vegetable, etc.
- content; substance
The cold wind cut through his coat.
Try putting yourself in your mother's shoes.
- one's place; one's position
- main part; meat (as opposed to bone, skin, etc.); wood (as opposed to bark); blade (as opposed to its handle); container(as opposed to its lid)
- (n) sixth sign of Chinese zodiac (The Serpent, 9am-11am, south-southeast, April)
- (suf) -ness (nominalizing suffix, esp. of sensory or subjective adjectives)
- nominalizing suffix indicating location
- (as ...mi ...mi) alternating between ... and ...