Meaning of ぼる in Japanese
Words related to ぼる
(v5r, vi) to ascend; to go up; to climb
You cannot climb!
to ascend (as a natural process, e.g. the sun); to rise
The sun was coming up then.
- to go to (the capital)
- to be promoted
to add up to
The loss adds up to more than one million dollar.
to advance (in price)
Prices are rising.
to swim up (a river); to sail up
They rowed up the river.
to come up (on the agenda)
Let's proceed with the items on the agenda.
(v5r, vt) to wring; to squeeze; to press; to extract
Yes, and here's a photo of the farm where we milked the cows.
- to rack (one's brains); to strain (one's voice)
- to extort; to exploit
- to chew out; to reprimand severely; to rake over the coals; to give a sound scolding; to tell someone off; to scold; to rebuke →Related words: 油を絞る
- to drill into; to train
- to narrow down (one's focus); to whittle down
- to gather up (a curtain, etc.); to tighten (a drawstring)
- to stop down (a lens)
- to turn down (e.g. the radio)
- to bend (a bow); to draw
- (sumo) to hold down; to constrict; to immobilize