Meaning of びと in Japanese
Words related to びと
(n) corpse; dead person
The death pallor of one's face.
Man is the hunter, woman is his game.
- (n) child; small person
- narrow-minded person; mean person
The villagers believed in a life after death.
(n) thief; robber
Give the devil his due.
(n) everyone; all; nobody (with negative verb)
No man can be a patriot on an empty stomach.
- (n) keeper of imperial archives
- worker at a sake brewery
- (n) author unknown; anonymous
- unknown waka composer
(n) capital investment; capital expenditure; investment in plant and equipment
The company's capital expenditure program is set to be 10 billion yen for this year.
- (n) blessed people; favored (privileged) people (favoured)
- (n) thievish nature (character); thieving heart; cunning and greedy character
- (n) person who likes alcohol and sweets equally well
- person who can drink much alcohol without becoming tipsy
- (n) (fictional) fusion of human and animal; therianthrope; furry; human beast
- (exp) the guilty are audacious; not showing remorse in spite of being in the wrong
(exp) no one at all; no one, who he or she may be
No citizen should be deprived of his rights.
The angler felt a strong tug on the line.
- (n) government official (esp. one of low to medium rank); public servant
- (exp) the sand on the beach may disappear, but the makings of thieves never shall (Ishikawa Goemon)
- (exp) The thief caught turn out to be one's own son
- (n) traveller's tree (Ravenala madagascariensis); traveller's palm
- (pn) whichever person (indefinite pronoun); everyone; every person; all
- (n) cane sugar; sugar cane juice; sugar cane molasses
- (n) ordinary person; untitled individual
- (n) Eurasian least shrew (Sorex minutissimus); lesser pygmy shrew