Meaning of づめ in Japanese
Definition of づめ
- (n, suf) stuffing; packing
- (n) end (esp. the foot of a bridge)
- lowest-ranking guest at tea ceremony
- tea master
endgame (esp. in shogi or used figuratively)
You kept putting off working on the fine details on this project so it ended up lacking the finishing touches.
- sweet eel sauce
- middle-aged woman
- (n-suf) appointment to a particular workplace
- using as the sole ground of judgement (judgment)
(after the -masu stem of a verb) continuing; keep doing for period of time
We sat up half the night just talking.