Meaning of つかず in Japanese
It seems that
つかず is an inflection
with the following forms:
- Nu/Zu form: negative form/without
Definition of つかず
- (v5k) to ascend (the throne); to accede
- to take (seat, position, course, etc.); to assume
to start (on a journey); to commence; to depart
We set out for home.
- to study (under teacher); to be an apprentice
- (v5k, vi) to be attached; to be connected with; to adhere; to stick; to cling
- to remain imprinted; to scar; to stain; to dye
- to bear (fruit, interest, etc.)
to be acquired (of a habit, ability, etc.); to increase (of strength, etc.)
He has taken to drinking since the death of his wife.
- to take root
to accompany; to attend; to follow; to study with
Does it have a bathroom?
to side with; to belong to
He sided with the opposition group in the argument.
- to possess; to haunt
to be lit; to be lighted
The TV won't turn on.
- to be settled; to be resolved; to be decided
- to be given (of a name, price, etc.)
- to be sensed; to be perceived
- to be lucky
- (suf, v5k) (after -masu stems, onomatopoeic and mimetic words) to become (a state, condition, etc.)