Meaning of だ in Japanese
Definition of だ
Words related to だ
The servants tried to carry out their master's order.
- (exp) take care of yourself; get well soon; God bless you; bless you
- (n) obsession; fixation; hangup
- determination; fastidiousness; pickiness about (trait, style, etc.)
- (int) that is so; that is right; it looks to me; I am of the impression
- people say that (after plain verb, adj); it is said that; I hear that
(n-t) that much; as much; to that extent; only that; that alone; no more than that; that is all (when finished speaking)
The higher up, the greater fall.
(conj) while it may be true that; just because; nevertheless; not necessarily
Not that I have any objection.
(exp) .. being the case; (precisely) because ...; as might be expected (from ..)
Relations are tenuous as peace talks resume between warring factions.
(v5r) to take something away by deception
I'd been cheated out of my life savings!
- (n-suf) implying (negatively) that something is full of (e.g. mistakes)
- covered all over (e.g. with blood)
(adj-i) slovenly; loose; sluttish; slatternly; untidy; undisciplined; careless
He has led a loose life since then.
(adj-i) sluggish; feel heavy; languid; dull
I feel listless and have a throbbing headache.
(exp) this is why; this means
Gold will not buy everything.
It offers a mouth-watering selection of delights.
(n) soap bubble
The children are blowing bubbles.
- (exp) making doubly sure
- insurance runs (baseball)
(n) spring (e.g. coil, leaf); mainspring; power spring
That one spring carries the whole weight of the car.
(n) bringing up; raising
They differed with each other on the care and upbringing of their children.
(n) detached house; stand-alone house; single-family home
The rate of increase in households is higher for apartment houses than for individual houses.
(n) stroke; blow
His shot didn't carry well against the wind.
(n) generation; lifetime; age
It seems the task will not be accomplished in our generation.
(n) one machine; one vehicle
A car stopped at the entrance.
(n) one large ...; a great ...
We are facing a violent crisis.
(n) cutting in two with a single stroke; taking decisive (drastic) measure; cutting the (Gordian) knot
Why don't you try expressing your opinion a little more gently? Think about how he feels getting told flatly that he's being cut loose.
(v5g) to pitch in and help
I'm putting my ass in a sling for you.
- (n) being very popular; being in great demand
- octopus dried on skewers
- (exp) from right to left; in one ear and out the other
- nice and quick; with speed and address; without further ado
(v5s) to carry out
Get the rubbish out of the building.
- (n) enoki mushroom (long, thin and white); Flammulina velutipes; winter mushroom
(n) high-valued yen; exchange in favor (favour) of the yen
I would like to travel in foreign countries while the yen is strong.
(n) rostrum; platform
This movement is like a forum or platform from which feminists speak out on women's issues.
I thought that if we lined up benches in the garden as well, we could achieve quite a seating capacity.