Meaning of ことだが in Japanese
It seems that
ことだが is an inflection
with the following forms:
- da : to be/state of being.
- が form.
Definition of ことだが
- (n) koto (13-stringed Japanese zither)
- stringed instrument
- zheng (Chinese zither); guzheng
(n) ancient city; former capital
Everyone knows that there is something new in this old capital.
- (n) thing; matter
- incident; occurrence; event; something serious; trouble; crisis
- circumstances; situation; state of affairs
- work; business; affair
- after an inflectable word, creates a noun phrase indicating something the speaker does not feel close to
- (n-suf) nominalizing suffix
- pretending to ...; playing make-believe ...
(n) word; remark; statement
It is not wise to go by his word.
- (prt) particle indicating a command
- particle indicating mild enthusiasm
- particle indicating a gentle interrogative
- particle used to soften a judgment or conclusion