Meaning of おす in Japanese
Definition of おす
(v5s, vt) to push; to press
Could you press this button?
- to apply pressure from above; to press down
- to stamp (i.e. a passport); to apply a seal
- to affix (e.g. gold leaf)
- to press (someone for something); to urge; to compel; to influence
- to overwhelm; to overpower; to repress
- to push (events along); to advance (a plan)
- to do in spite of ...; to do even though ...; to force
- to make sure
- to be pressed for time
- to advance troops; to attack
- (of light) to be diffused across an entire surface
- (int) greeting used between close male friends; Hi!; yes sir!; yo!