Meaning of あたってみる in Japanese
It seems that
あたってみる is an inflection
with the following forms:
- て-みる form.
Definition of あたってみる
(v5r, vi) to be hit; to strike
I felt a cold wind on my face.
- to touch; to be in contact; to be affixed
to be equivalent to; to be applicable; to apply to
The cherry blossom is to Japan what the rose is to England.
to be right on the money (of a prediction, criticism, etc.)
Strange to say, his prediction has come true.
- to be selected (in a lottery, etc.); to win
- to be successful; to go well; to be a hit
- to face; to confront
- to lie (in the direction of)
- to undertake; to be assigned
to be stricken (by food poisoning, heat, etc.); to be afflicted
He was poisoned by the globefish he ate.
- to be called upon (by the teacher)
- to treat (esp. harshly); to lash out at
- to be unnecessary
- (in baseball) to be hitting well; to be on a hitting streak
- (in fishing) to feel a bite
- (of fruit, etc.) to be bruised; to spoil
- (v5r, vt) to feel (something) out; to probe into; to check (i.e. by comparison)
- to shave